Sunday, December 9, 2012

I love a BLIZZARD

What a weekend this has turned out to be.  I was a little upset that my husband coming home took time away from my attempt to blog daily but who am I kidding he is way more important.  A highlight of my weekend...

I left school Friday by running out the door with a pile of pedometer papers.  I was already leaving 20 minutes later that I wanted.  I had a package to pick up at FedEx out in the boonies instead of the in town location, that got me lost and really upset.  Hello!  That took precious running time and seeing my husband.  After finally locating the package it was shortly after 5:30pm when I got home.  Go figure it was dark.  I whipped up supper and tried a new brussel sprout recipe.  Yum O!


We had some family things come up so that took most of our evening.  Around 10pm we headed to Falls Park to walk through the Christmas lights.  It was a little chilly but the new snow made it beautiful.


Saturday we headed out the door to Cale's nieces swim meet that was being held just down the road.  The girls are two very cute lil fishies!  My husband is pretty darn handsome if you ask me!


We woke a little earlier than desired for church because the snow plow was barreling down the road.  Along with trying to find a new gym we are also in the search of a new church.  I was born and raised Catholic but believe I am a Christian who attends the Catholic church.  Plus I just love the older Cathedrals so the newer churches are hard for me to have that sanctuary feeling.  Cale isn't much a fan of the Catholic methods; sit, kneel then stand aerobic workout so we agreed to find something new together.  This morning I took him to Embrace where I had only attended one other time.  We have lived in Sioux Falls for 7 weeks and this is only my third weekend here and Cale's 1st.  It was an uplifting service about how we sometimes bring God down to our level when he is so much Greater than Us.  Hard to walk out of church without being lifted up.  Back to the swim meet we went... church clothes an all.

After saying goodbye to Cale's fam we headed home for him to pack.  Why is saying goodbye so hard?  Cale packed and headed out the door.  I was hoping the snow advisories would keep in another day but no such luck.  Tears!  If it wasn't for yoga I probably would of sat around longer tonight depressed but I once again joined my friend for another class.  Holy crud do I sweat a lot!  Tonight was yoga sculpt and after I left there wasn't a dry patch on my clothes!  I love to sweat but not in a class where its awkward to break rhythm to wipe your entire body off.  I got out of class to three missed called from Cale.  To my excitement he was back at the apartment when I got home! I love blizzards.  Now for a late start for that couple extra minutes of snuggle time. 


Nahum 1:3
The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.





No comments:

Post a Comment