Monday, December 3, 2012

Sharing Food Is Gross but I saw a 30 point Buck

After teaching Physical Education and classes of yelling students running around in gym all day many nights I drive home in silence.  Today I decided to eat my mac and cheese with the second graders instead of in my quiet office.  So there I sit listening to them talk about eating my lunch rather than the school lunch.  I told them I wouldn't share because I love mac and cheese so much.  Somehow my husband got brought into the conversation and how he would be upset because I didn't share.  From there the table talked about how gross it was to share food even if you were married.  I asked them if their parents shared food and one little boy said no but they kiss and that is gross too!  If you converse with young children on a regular basis you will find yourself laughing a lot.
 
It was another beautiful day for December in S.D. so I rushed home to get another bike ride in.  I had a friend meet me and we hit up the trails for a 45 minute ride give or take due to some nature watching.   He is a deer hunter and when I text him last week to work out he was unavailable because he was sitting in his deer stand.  I told him there were 15 deer on my run that night and he would have to come with me one evening next week.


 So tonight we headed out and as soon as we hit the trail I pointed out the deer.  He couldn't believe it and almost started crying at the site of the buck just standing there looking at us.  I hopped off my bike and attempted but it was just a tad to dark.  I despise the fact that it gets dark so early especially since it is not safe for me to run at night where we live. 




Usually my phone does a pretty good job with simple Kodak moments but unless you know what your looking for your probably going to think these pictures stink.  Oh well we could see the 30 points but the pictures make it very difficult.

Tomorrow my workout out will have to be done on a dreadmill due to reffing 7th & 8th grade basketball games after school.  Really looking forward to my Yoga date Thursday night with a old friend.

Speaking of friends.  This is my friend Zach who went to college with me but now coaches and teaches in TX with his dad.  Last Friday night their team won the 4th Round of Football playoffs.  Again, if you have never experience T.X. Friday Night Lights you might not understand.  I told him I would give a shout out so say some prayers for their team and cheer on the Frisco Centennial Titans!



Job 12:7-9
 “But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you.  Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?


No comments:

Post a Comment