Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Don't Let Me Drown

Today I talked my friend Cody into coming to a new gym with me.  Free two week trial membership is the first plus also the friendliest people of all the gym's I've been to in Sioux Falls!  Sioux Empire Fitness is quite a bit older than the other fitness centers in Sioux Falls but there were a lot of plus and minuses. 


Major plus,the pool was large enough for at least 6 lanes of swimming.  Extra membership fees allow you to join the tennis league, less people so you never have to sign up for cardio equipment or wait in line.  There were also a variety of fitness classes offered at a variety of times. 


Some of the negatives, the older facility was in need of a facelift and updated equipment.  Hence the reason I made my friend come with me for my trial membership I was scared to swim in the pool alone.  I know how to swim but trying to swim for workouts makes me feel like I'm going to drown. Doesn't it look a little creepy?

This week for physical education my students are doing Just Dance Kids on the Wii.  I bought a Wii a couple of years ago for something to do over the winter with my family.  I almost sold it because it just sat there but then my mom bought me guitar hero for my birthday.  I totally should have been in a band.  To this day I hear songs and think "I can rock that song." 


When I subbed last year I got to observe Wii being used for PE and went out and bought Just Dance 2 for myself.  Pretty sure my husband got more excitement out of it than I did.   Along with me trying to make up Zumba routines...

So glad hump day is over.  Can't wait to crawl into my cozy bed. 

John 7:38
Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment