Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Once Upon A Time

Once Upon A Time I started a blog, then I met Tim Key and his workouts started kicking my butt.

I have a couple goals in life and after running a marathon a month for a year I've felt a little lost these last four months wondering what my next goal should be.  Since my BIG 30 is just around the corner I thought I would get ready to check another item off the bucket list.  I signed up for an IRONMAN and as much as I would love to do this on my own with the help of Tim Key I will not only survive it but rock it!
A little background info- Tim is an Triathlon Coach who I met back in 2011 while working at Chef Louie's over hunting season.  You can check out his website here.  Even though I've only met Tim once, through our conversations I know he has me on the right track and his faith in me keeps me motivated.

Back to blogging...  So my friend Dede got me started blogging and I had a short txt conversation with her today about my slacking.  I have been so busy I don't make the blog my priority but her words of wisdom "better to live your life than blog about."  Thanks girl, I def don't feel bad skipping a month of sharing my thoughts with my 500 followers :)


Dede is a die hard Ragnar fan but she also was working on every half marathon in the state of SD in a year when I was working on my race a month.  Together we have PMS- that's Post Marathon Syndrome.

Other excitement in my life... Last night I went to the store after my workout on a quest to eat more protein and nutritious food.  It's been a little over 3 months now since my husband has been working away from home and cooking for one just is not worth my time.  I left the store with a box of Raisin Bran and a rotisserie chicken.  Sad to say I came home and ate a bowl of cold cereal.  There is something totally wrong with that picture.  Saturday I even watched the Food Network for my entire treadmill run only to leave craving Super Bowl snacks. 

Speaking of the Super Bowl who are you cheering for?  My brother-in-law Nate is a trainer for the 49ers so they have my vote!


BaHaHaHA!  Nate is on the left and this picture still makes me laugh. 

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment