Saturday, March 23, 2013

Shamrock On

Virginia Beach, VA waking up to the Atlantic Ocean.  Why can't it ever be really nice when we come here?


Last Weekend I ran the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon.  Usually I don't repeat races or states unless they are close events but two years ago I Shamrocked and thought it was such a fun weekend I decided to Shamrock my Irishness a second time on St. Patrick's Day.


Cale had to stretch it a little to get people to believe he was Irish.  Don't you think he pulled it off?

 

Virginia Beach does a great job with this event.  There is also a Townebank 8K, Leprechaun Run and Kids Final Mile the day before the Full & Half Marathon.  The swag bag includes a tech shirt and this year when we finished runners got a hat and fleece blanket.  It was perfect for walking back to the hotel in with the wind coming of the ocean.  


Any hotel along the boardwalk is not a far walk from the starting line and the full marathon starts at 8:30am giving you plenty of time.  The course fast and flat running down the boardwalk at parts and finishing by Neptune Statue.  There is plenty of road space and you never feel like you don't have enough room to run.  There is part of the course that runs through Fort Story and along Cape Henry where you are able to run past the Cape Henry Lighthouse.


 Last month I thought my Garmin 305 had finally said goodbye.  Thank goodness it turned on just before leaving for Birmingham.  It started acting funny again a couple weeks ago forcing me to break the bank on another Garmin.   My Garmin 610 doesn't seem to have as many options as my 305 or maybe I just haven't read the handbook enough but so far I miss my 15lb watch.  Could be why I ran faster last weekend with my new one.


Shamrock On!

Hebrews 12:1
 And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment